- 225g butter
- 225g flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 175g sugar
- zest and juice of 1 large organic lemon
- 4 eggs
- icing sugar
- lemon juice
- oven (preheat to 160°C fan)
- loaf tin
- baking paper
- 2 large and 1 smaller bowl
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (gas)
- Put the butter into a bowl and soften it for 30 seconds in the preheating oven. (Caution: the bowl might get hot)
- Mix together the soft butter, sugar, lemon zest, juice and eggs until it’s creamy.
- In a different bowl mix together the flour and baking powder and fold in the dry mixture into the butter-sugar-egg mixture.
- Line your loaf tin and pour in the mixture.
- Bake the cake for around 45 to 55 minutes until it’s golden on the outside and soft but done on the inside.
- In the meantime clean up everything and prepare the icing by mixing together the icing sugar and a few drops of lemon juice. Mix it until all “crumbs” disappeared and the icing has a nice texture (not too liquidy)
- Take the cake out of the oven and the loaf tin and let it cool down for about 1 hour before icing.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea. Or wine, just as you prefer.
I hope you’re having the best time baking and enjoying it!
Feel free to send me pictures or videos with using the hashtag #linamariew over on Instagram or TikTok!
Lots of Love,